Party in SoCal and how old are you, anyway ?

We've been back for a week, and I still haven't blogged about our family trip to Southern California. And now it's Wednesday, which means church tonight.

So... I think I will just limit myself to a few small paragraphs about our trip, and then post the photos. Don't ask me WHY I always feel the need to write a novel when I post. I don't think the Instagram and Pinterest generation read words anyway, do they ?

Which leads me to a question, before I talk about our vacation. (There goes my ADHD disorder again, causing me to jump from topic to topic, no common thread required. Enjoy the ride !)

Where was I ?

Oh, yes - a question.

How old are you, anyway ?

A friend and I were discussing the demographics of our blogs a few weeks ago... we were wondering if anyone under 50 actually reads blogs anymore. It seems to me that most Instagram users are in the 20-40 something crowd. They use cell phones as mini computers, rather than actually using them as phones (meaning to call people - in case you're under 40 and wondered what I meant). And judging by the comment section here, it seems that most (not all) faithful blog readers are like me... they are over 40, and still know what a book is. (It's got a cover and pages in between, where the words are written. Just in case you're in the YOLO generation and have no idea what that last sentence just meant.)

SO my question for you all is... how old are you ? If you - like me - would rather not type out your actual age (I'm over forty, let's just not discuss how far over) , than just leave a comment telling me which age bracket you find yourself in :) I really wold love to know who still reads this little bloggy, and also what makes you come back to read.

Every time I think about shutting down the blog and just posting pictures on Instagram (over 6,000 followers there, and it takes less time to post !) I get a lovely email from someone saying they have benefited from reading here. And if google stats don't lie, almost 50,000 pages are read here each month ... that's still a lot of people reading WORDS, even if we do all have to use our reading glasses to see them !

Okay, moving on quickly - because laundry and dishes are calling my name frantically at the moment - we had a great vacation in SoCal. We took two days to drive down to San Diego for my niece's wedding, and we made the most of those two days. We stopped at our favorite-ever family restaurant when traveling - Black Bear Diner - and took 42 billion pictures for memory's sake.





We love Black Bear Diner for so many reasons : large portions, real home cooking, good prices, clean  bathrooms and friendly service, funny menus and cute decor, and they serve real bacon for the win. Can't say enough about this place !!




We then drove four hours to Fresno, and crashed at La Quinta Inn for the afternoon. Sammy slept (he had driven all night) while the kids and I swam all afternoon. We hosted a diving/jumping contest for any pool attendees, and Abigail won for best freestyle jump. Noah was a close second.





We then spent a lovely evening resting and eating pizza and snacks while piled in two queen sized beds.





The next day we spent eight agonizing hours in the van with eight children  drove to San Diego.

We stopped just before hitting The Grapevine, to let the kids get out and play.








...and also take the obligatory selfie.



We spent Saturday with relatives and attended a lovely rehearsal dinner at Mission Bay. I didn't take any pictures there, but here is a pre-dinner shot of our youngest .




And one Kenzie took with our little Duckie ...





And one from Saturday morning - yay for booking adjoining rooms with extra fold-out beds, and double yay for Priceline.







Sunday was the wedding - it was beautiful and sweet, and somehow I didn't forget any wardrobe essentials for any of us when I packed. Miracles do happen.







jo and mo and macie


kenzie and my nieces



We headed back home Monday morning, and almost threw Hayden out the window on the way.

Just kidding.

Sort of.



As much as I love family vacations, it is so nice to be back in Oregon - green trees, air I can actually breathe, and a baby who is not stuck in a carseat screaming his precious head off.






THE END.



Oh yeah- don't forget to take part in my little age group survey via the comment section. All participants will be sent a virtual hug.

xo

Popular Posts