Happy Friday !!

Just a lil' warning here..  these photos (and most of the recent ones too) are taken with my phone, and are therefore pretty grainy. Today Sam is upgrading me to an iPhone 5c (and somehow doing it for free, because he's Sam like that), and he promised me the camera on it is SO much better. We shall see.

On top of this- Kenzie's camera met with disaster a few weeks ago, and she has now upgraded to a Canon 70D. Prepare to be amazed at the quality of pictures coming from The Rice Ranch in the days ahead. She also quit her job as a barista to pursue her photography dreams full time. She is still nannying... is nannying a word? ... she's still a nanny, but she is also seeking to fill her summer with photo shoots for locals. If you are in need of an awesome photographer who works well with families and children, shoot me an email. I'll hook you up.

In other news...we have a granddaughter due to arrive in two weeks. I might be a tad excited. Okay, in reality, I am beyond freaking excited and wildly ecstatic at the thought of watching little Macie Blair make her debut this month. Josiah and Monique are about to enter one of the most rewarding, fulfilling and exhausting seasons of life...I wish I could do it all over again. Something about that first baby experience- the newness of it all, the wonder, the "I-can't-believe-we-are-parents" feel of it all... I absolutely love it. And miss it. So I'm going to live vicariously through all of my kids for the next 30 years or so. That's the cool thing about being a Nana- you get to enjoy all the sweetness and loveliness of a new baby ... and you get to sleep. Yay !





Okay, a few more pics to post, and then I have a pancake festival to attend to. Which is really just a glorified way of saying I have to make breakfast for my kids right now. There are going to be pancakes for the multitudes, unlimited, and sprinkled with chocolate chips. But they're ten-grain,  so that makes them healthy, right ? And maybe pretend that extra grainy photos means something wonderful too, while you're at it.


We had fun with sidewalk chalk yesterday. The weather suddenly decided to turn into SPRING last week, and as a result we have been spending as much time outside as humanly possible.







These were taken in our backyard. Which is now known as my second living room. For reals, I am going to do everything out there in the months ahead : homeschool, eat meals, fold laundry... I love my backyard.








 Picture this with beautiful Koi fish inside. Instead of 500 tadpoles. And picture some gorgeous grapes hanging overhead. At least that's what we hope those brown vines are going to morph into.








Our garden is coming along quite nicely... more pictures to come in the days ahead, as the only one I have on my roll of phone photos is extremely grainy. Plus Lily has a mouthful of tortilla in it, and it's not attractive.



Monique, Mackenzie, Lily, Abbi and I went for a long spring walk the other night. It was magical. We found the cutest little tree swing right across the street behind our house, and instantly Kenz and I looked at each other and yelled : PHOTOSHOOT !!!






I wish you could have heard Abigail nervously warning us , "UH - MOM ! MOM ! MOM !" while Lily just hung on for dear life and Mackenzie snapped the picture. She was all of twelve inches off the ground, but judging by the tone of Abbi's voice you would have thought it was twelve feet.  #motherhen


This photo was taken inside, and has nothing to do with my little collage of outside spring pictures. But I'm posting it anyway, because Hayden looks adorable in it. Even if he is blurry. And even if my fingers look skeleton-like and scary. And even if I stole Mackenzie's phone case and she'll notice if she reads my blog (she has approximately 42 of them, so I don't think she'll miss it.)







And now, two quick videos just for fun...  please ignore my sickly sweet baby voice when I'm talking to Hayden. I hate my voice on video. UGH. And he doesn't perform on demand when I ask him to do his little "dddddd -dddd--dddd" trick, but I sure sound interesting doing it. Ahem.







Here's a little happy dance for you...




Have a HAPPY Friday !!

Popular Posts