friday night at the rice ranch

It's Friday night and I'm wiped out.

We woke up this morning to a broken pipe on our water heater, which resulted in water being sprayed ALL over our garage. We keep pretty much everything in our garage- it is our kids' gigantic playroom, as well as the storage place for everything . So I called Sam after purveying the waterpark that was now our garage, and he raced home from work immediately... he turned the hot water off while the kids and I started soaking everything up with big sponges left over from Daddy's tile installing days. Dozens of books were soaked, and Tyler's electric drum set was sprayed... buckets filled with sports equipment and other items were saturated... but it could have been a lot worse.

The nice thing about this little mishap was that it motivated me to reorganize the garage and return it to the tidy state it was in when we first moved here. Three hours later, I emerged from a dry garage with a victorious smile on my face... but the thing about organizing one big area like that is -- it leads to organizing many other parts of the house, because of the overflow that results. Ahem. Sooo... three more hours later, I emerged from Abbi and Lily's room - I went through all the drawers and buckets and closets and got rid of everything that didn't fit or they didn't wear anymore... aaaaannnnd two hours later I emerged from MY closet victorious :) Hayden's clothes are kept in my closet, as well as various and sundry items that had made their way to the garage over the past nine months.... one thing led to another and all I can say is Goodwill scored off the Rice family today !!

Soooo..... all that to say- I'm ready to crawl in bed with a book and relax right now. However, I will probably be asleep before my head hits the pillow... hopefully I won't be organizing everyone else's closets in my sleep, because I am DONE with that for the day !

Monday I'll answer questions from the last post on homeschooling - tonight I'll dump some photos from the past few weeks and call it good :)



Ready ? Here we go !


Somebody starts ballet Monday ...




She may be a little bit excited ...






Homeschooling is going well ...





We like to take breaks for tea and toast . The perks of learning at home ...

abbi's fingers... not mine ;)


Hayden is learning to read ...




...okay, well he's learning to turn pages and smack books on his sister's head when she doesn't pay attention. Same thing, pretty much.

He really does adore her ...








And safe to say she adores him ...






Abigail got side bangs, courtesy of mama ...






Norah Jane turned one and I forgot to post this pic from the night of her birthday ...


Our grapes are ready !!! Grown right here at The Rice Ranch ...





The deer ate everything else... well, except our potatoes, onions and basil ... so sweet friends of ours kindly left fresh produce from their garden on our doorstep several Sundays in a row. And it was sooooooo yummy !!







Hayden got his first pair of Hello Moccs, so he can keep up with Lily ...








Sammy and I went on a date on the day that I thought I had a dentist appointment. It was actually the next day, so we went out for breakfast instead. Oh darn .

;)




Random picture of Hayden.... because, CURLS !!




Jack and his twin ...



Koa spent the night a few weeks ago...

hello, mr photobomber enjoying your mcflurry !






It's Beaver season again !!!






Sam and Hayden and I went on a walk the other night.... stopped for a blurry pic, just because ...



We came home as it was getting dark, and I took this picture with my phone ... because I discovered that I LOVE how the back of my house looks at night :)




And I love the smell of chocolate chip banana bread waiting for us after a beautiful fall night stroll...



That's all for now, folks.

Nighty- night ...







....sleep tight !

Popular Posts